Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am running a zx6r g2 98 eingne in my off road buggy.
I am experiencing a problem with the idle, tickover is set about 1000rpm after driving sometimes or just revving the eingne it holds onto the revs say about 6000rpm for some time before returning to tickover, i have added an additional spring to enshure the throttle is being shut compleatly which it is, the cable is free as well.
Any pointers would be greatly apreciated ...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
They could either be running lean, or your throttle is sticking.

Syncing the carbs is done with a vacuum gauge, I think it's called a manometer. If you're really adventurous you can make your own here...

How to make a water manometer

Not sure, but I think on a four cylinder bike you would sync cylinder 1 and 3 then cylinder 2 and 4, then 1-2 1-4 2-3?

Thanks does that mean a full strip down and rebuild of carbs or adjustment which can be performed in place?
If you have enough room you shouldn't have to remove anything. I dunno the dynamics of your buggy's frame though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb thanks for your advice, i have recently removed an inline filter which seems to connect to the carbs next to the diaphram on 1 and 4. it looks like a black y which contains a foam filter (seems to be dirty). As this engine is in a off road buggy the pipes dont go anywhere or connnect to anything, when i remove the filter the eingne seems to run better, can anyone advise on the best solution for this as i dont want to cause any damage to the motor,i suppose they would connect to the air intake ducts on the origional bike. If i cover it the bike seems to run lumpy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts