Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 ZX750. Bought this bike and it ran great at the guys house. As my friend was driving home the bike fell over in our van. Once back it would not turn over at all.

Is there a reset switch or something I should look for? Any suggestions where I should start?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
i dont know if the 88's had a tip over sensor or not ? do all the lights etc come on when you turn the key on ?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Your battery may be a gonner....Sometimes when they hit hard a plate comes loose and then the battery is no good. Also possible that a wire came loose when it fell down and was jarred.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re: ZX750 that fell over

Yes, the lights do come on when the ignition is turned on. I do have a replacement battery I'll install today. But would like to know where to look for a tip over sensor.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Re: re: ZX750 that fell over

jerseyjeff1 said:
But would like to know where to look for a tip over sensor.
like i said im not sure they had a tip over sensor on that year bike. :?: if they do it could be under the front fairing by the headlight or back by the battery. you would have to look in a service manual and find out if there is one. :wink:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Check to see if the side stand sensor has been damaged or the wires disconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts