Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im about to buy my friends 94 zx7r. The motor let go and kicked a couple holes through the block. The plastic is together, but not very good shape. Has 22000 miles on it. How much would you offer him for it? Ill probably clean it all up since its apart, polish the frame etc, and maybe find a 9r motor for it. I was thinkin in the neighborhood of $700, what do you think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, got it for 7 bills last night, now the fun will begin, anyone know where I can find another 750 or a 900 engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what will work on my 94? Any of em? Or do I need to stick to a 94 engine?

·
Registered
35 Posts
scjfox said:
So what will work on my 94? Any of em? Or do I need to stick to a 94 engine?
A 96+ ZX9 engine will not fit in your frame. Also a 96+ ZX7 engine will not fit either. You can modify the frame to attempt to make them fit, but your best bet is to go with a B series ZX9 engine or an L series ZX7 engine. A really good forum to check out is the ZX7 forum. The address is: http://redmonkey.com/7r/

They have alot of usefull info, and can help you with just about anything. Anyways, enjoy your new 7.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey no problem. I know EXACTLY where your coming from. I bought my 94 project ZX7 for 1,000 bucks with a bad (yet running) engine. So i know what its like.

·
Registered
613 Posts
B Model 9R is from 94-97. If you happen to find a spare 9R motor send one my way.

BRG Racing makes a conversion kit that would make everything a ton easier for you. They are updating their site right now, but give them a call about the kit. It's defintly worth the money.

BRG Racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts