Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a ZX9R-B1, which has got handling problems.

When I corner, it feels as if the front wheel is going to slide side-ways. The head bearings have been replaced and are fine, and so have the wheel bearings. Tires are OK.

I think one of the front brake calipers may be sticking slightly, for which I'm getting a caliper service kit. This has happened before, but didn't cause this fault.

I thing the fault lies else where. Do any of you guys have and good suggestions?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

a 9 with handling probs-unheard of :lol:
if the calipers are ok then it sounds like a traction issue-what kind of rubber you running?
has the wheel been balanced?when you say "feels like" - is it sliding out?
check the back wheel too it may be something from the back your feeling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tyres are BT10's , which are normally fine and are balanced. The 'feeling' is hard to define.

I'm getting my brother to give it a ride at the weekend. He's ridden dozens of bike, so hopefully he'll either confirm the feeling, or just tell me I'm imagining the problem. It is hard to descibe, but it just doesn't feel right and I'm not cornering with it propely as it just feels like it's going to drop.

It's been getting very slightly worse for a few months, so the tyres haven't been used at the final third for a while, as I haven't been leaning in correctly for that time, which probably isn't helping.

I'll get back to you when he's had a go!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
TRY THIS

Okay, this may not help, but...take two nylon ties one for each fork tube, and put them on tight and slide them to just the fork seal. go for one of your rides and then take a look at them to see just how far thay are moving...and mor importantly if one is moving further/farther (?) than the other. I know that this sounds silly (almost stupid), but it may identify something that you haven't considered... AND PLEASE GET BACK TO US...I want to know...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: TRY THIS

It doesn't sound stupid at all. In fact, it sounds like a great idea :D
I will let you know.

Cheers,

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts