Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me whats the difference between models are .. ive been looking for parts .. for my 2001 zx9r .. ive come across different models like is it a ZX9R-C / or a ZX9R-E .... is there really a difference or is this just something like a production date code or something? mine says its a ZX9R-E .. a suzuki guy i met on the road said .. it was E for Europe,
C for canadian.. etc.. i dont believe thats right so does anyone know the difference .. thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm pretty sure the letter's are for the different generations of body styles. The European models are named different all together.

I have a '93 ZX-6E, but I got a new tank from a 2000 6E and it's exactly the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ZX9

Hi I have all the info you need just ask if you need any more.

the zx9r in b moddle came out in 1994 and went for 2 years without change (B1-B2) it then had a minor revamp in 1996 til 98 (b3-B4) consisting of grab rails suspension and more power.

in 98 the c moddles came out with a complete re disign whils some parts may be transferable most arnt the c had less weight than the b (220K on the b's 185ish on the c's).

then in 99-2000 the e moddles came out again with a full redisign more power less weight.

in 2003 they done it again but got rid of the grab rails.

best road bike has to be the b3-4 moddles ive had one for years it tours it scratches it will do anything you want. on the road i could leave my mates on fireblades ect for dead as they could not stay up on bumpy roads. the c is a minging looking machine so dont go near. the e is the best for scratching. all in all of the zx9 range are very capbale machines. if you want a pic of a b moddle i will supply. i have seen over 175mph on the clocks on the road and still had over 1000 rpm to the red line in standard trim. blades carnt match that

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: ZX9

ZX9RB38770 said:
Hi I have all the info you need just ask if you need any more.

the zx9r in b moddle came out in 1994 and went for 2 years without change (B1-B2) it then had a minor revamp in 1996 til 98 (b3-B4) consisting of grab rails suspension and more power.

in 98 the c moddles came out with a complete re disign whils some parts may be transferable most arnt the c had less weight than the b (220K on the b's 185ish on the c's).

then in 99-2000 the e moddles came out again with a full redisign more power less weight.

in 2003 they done it again but got rid of the grab rails.

best road bike has to be the b3-4 moddles ive had one for years it tours it scratches it will do anything you want. on the road i could leave my mates on fireblades ect for dead as they could not stay up on bumpy roads. the c is a minging looking machine so dont go near. the e is the best for scratching. all in all of the zx9 range are very capbale machines. if you want a pic of a b moddle i will supply. i have seen over 175mph on the clocks on the road and still had over 1000 rpm to the red line in standard trim. blades carnt match that

HAIL HAIL I have a 98 zx9r C and you hit the nail on the head with your post... I have seen 173 mph on it and still had a little juice left but I ran out of road I had to start slowing down....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts