Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, just a quick question for all you zxr400 owners out there, I have just brought a jap import L model and have noticed that when the bike is idling the clutch sounds like it is vibrating slightly :? when you pull the clutch in slightly or increase the revs just above idle the vibrating seems to stop, is there any adjustment I can make or is it more serious :?: the bike seems to change gear as far as I can tell. Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Cheers BigTim

·
Registered
10 Posts
clutch vibrating

BigTim said:
Hi there all, just a quick question for all you zxr400 owners out there, I have just brought a jap import L model and have noticed that when the bike is idling the clutch sounds like it is vibrating slightly :? when you pull the clutch in slightly or increase the revs just above idle the vibrating seems to stop, is there any adjustment I can make or is it more serious :?: the bike seems to change gear as far as I can tell. Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Cheers BigTim

There is no problem with the clutch. It's just the sound of a seasoned clutch housing. It's normal so juz leave it be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 400 had slight vibration in clutch, not major to start with but if it worsens over time, you maybe in need of new clutch plates. Gear change will become a drama if not seen to quickly, tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts