Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just wondered if anybody out there could recommend any decent sticky rubber for my 1993 ZZ-R 600. 120/60 ZR17 FRONT. 160/60 ZR17 REAR. got metzeler mez1 & mez3's on at the moment, don't like 'em, feel like plastic even on correct psi, anybody tried Bridgestones? :)

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
i used BT57's on my F2 trackwhore and they worked AWESOME. ive used DUNLOP 207's on my ZRX and they worked very well. i usually put a dunlop 207 front on with whatever back tire i have. i always liked the feel of the 207 on the front but they always feathered on me. never affected handling but was there just the same. :roll: i LOVE my BT-020 on my ZRX that i have now. (im on my second ZRX and i tried the BT-020 on the first one) there are lots and lots of tires to chose from. good luck on which ever ya pick.
:wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, used BT56 battlax's on my '96 Fireblade & loved 'em.
All the best. :)
John

·
Registered
305 Posts
Am I missing something? This is the second post I've seen this month where the person writes 'tyres' instead of 'tires'. Last time i did a spell check, the latter was the correct spelling.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes. Most of us from outside the 'States have no idea how to speak American... Heh!

:D :) :wink: 8) :wink: :) :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Mr. Tobydawg for your observations on the subject of grammar, I took the liberty of forwarding your response to my post, to the OWLS, at Oxford university (Oxford english dictionary Word and Language Service) who did indeed urge me to consider that here in ancient Albion, we have houses that are older than your country, and not be too hasty to interfere with your process of evolution, particularly in respect of spelling, after-all we ourselves were once a tribe of savages clinging to a rock in the north sea!

I am most sincerely obliged to you for such profitable advice to my request for information!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Road Warrior said:
Thank you Mr. Tobydawg for your observations on the subject of grammar, I took the liberty of forwarding your response to my post, to the OWLS, at Oxford university (Oxford english dictionary Word and Language Service) who did indeed urge me to consider that here in ancient Albion, we have houses that are older than your country, and not be too hasty to interfere with your process of evolution, particularly in respect of spelling, after-all we ourselves were once a tribe of savages clinging to a rock in the north sea!

I am most sincerely obliged to you for such profitable advice to my request for information!
Now my brain hurts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, you guys win, tires it is! who's shout is it to buy the beers ? :D

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Road Warrier,

All this talk of tyres....nobody said welcome to the forum.....so that is what I am going to do.

I used to live in Australia....there were lots of words they pronounced and spelled differently too. We always used to kid each other about it..Yanks making fun of the Aussies 8)

Anyway...Welcome and good luck on finding the Tyres you like. I have always like Metzlers, but they are beyond my budget at the moment.

Heather

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome to your forum Heather, don't mind me pulling your leg about the spelling, I appear to be in the minority, as an English member, The Australian cricket team come over here next year to give us a chance to win back the ashes......so I expect you'll get the chance to have the last laugh!
good luck with the Metzlers.
ride safe.
John

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
John,

There are several forum members from the British Isles. If you keep your eyes peeled....you will run into them.

I miss watching cricket......and Australian Rules football!!!! Good luck on getting the Ashes back :lol:

Heather

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No apologies necessary Tobydawg, I was only pulling your leg, thanks for coming back, it was my first post and I had no idea how many state-side members there were!
All the best !
John :) :) :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
please let me know too. I need to replace my dunlops that i have on my 93 600r as well.

currently running
100/90/16 front
130/90/16 rear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts