Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currious about what kind of MPG, mileage you guys are getting? I had someone ask...So, What do I tell him?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats a good question...I would also like to know this...I havent rode enough to figure it out. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZZR-600 Gas Mileage

We're curious out here, and I'm really wanting to know. Now ther is at least two of us waiting...

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Mine dropped since I had the mods done-----plus I don't do any real distance travel on it----just mostly around town.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omaha

What mods did you do....and what were you pulling before the mods...

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
A full Muzzy pipe and Dyna jet kit----was getting low 40's around town before the mods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '92 zx6d (zzr600).

I have about 32k miles on it.. and drive 80 miles round trip (to/from work) each day...

I am getting between 40-45mpg with freeway speeds of 70-90mph (1/2 of my freeway trip is on a 75mph speed limit road)..

~Mark

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MPG

Thank you...it's better than I had thought...(esp w/4 carbs). Most of my riding is less than that. I have 3 miles of 70, then it drops to 65 for about 7 miles then to 55 and stays mostly there throught the city. Thank you, very much for your response...as you can see I've been waiting a while...

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi. '04 zzr600 here in Canada - i get about 23 km to the litre (that's about 53 mpg) at highway speeds of ~120 km/h (75 mph) not including the occasional bursts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks Packet! I'm still debating...I'm not so sure I want the weight factor of the bike...but I'm REALLY interested in it...I may end up with one just because It better suits me considering the Ninja 250R, 500R, (I'd prefer the ZZR-250, not available here in the states). I don't want 16" tires on the open road, or even around town, as the selection is less than the 17" ones available now on the market. Our 250R has 16" and the old steel frame, older fairing...That leaves me with a 500R or the ZZR-600. The ZX-6 bikes are out of my (families budget) price range...Thanks for the input on fuel economy. It makes me feel better than the last reply. I'm past the ripping 75MPH+ I just want somethig comfortable and ridable for some open roads. I'll wait for the ZZR-250 before I start making one for just a play-ripper (screamer) bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the weight's not such a big thing once you get used to it - its just about 30 odd kilograms more than, say a zx-6r. the new 2005 zz-r600 is supposed to have 180's on the back if that's what you're interested in?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2004 or 2005 ZZR-600

Just don't know which model is the better of the two. While I have the opportunity to choose...is one better than the other for my situation with the back issue? Is one better suited for touring vrs playing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts