Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my 2007 ZZR600 sit in my garage for a few months (during mostly cold weather) and now I can't start it. The bike has about 1,000 miles on it. At first, the battery was discharged, so I charged it up. Now it clicks once, and then the lights go out. After a few seconds, the lights come back on and I can try again, but it still only clicks once and then dies. I tried jumping it with my car, and the same thing happened. What should I check next? It's not pratical to try to bump start it because my neighborhood is pretty flat and I don't have anyone to help me. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The bike has about 1,000 miles on it. .
Do not push, pull, drag, bump start, jump start or use starting ether. This is a new bike and should start on its own. What can happen is if a battery is dead, then they will freeze. It can appear that when you charge it up, everything is good; but it is not. The battery is probably the original, so I would just go buy a new one. Even if it turns out not to be your problem, it will not be a waste of money. (but I think it is).

Post back with your results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. I took the battery to a dealer and the preliminary test indicated the battery didn't have enough charge. They are going to charge it and test it again. Might just be the battery, after all. Will post after either battery is recharged and tests good, or I put in a new battery.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out it was the battery, it was pretty dead: only had 50 CCA's! Put in the new battery and it started almost immediately. I rode for a couple of hours. Doesn't sound like it should, but hopefully that's just the old gas I have to burn up. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts