Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the break fluid? Mine needs to be changed I was wondering if anybody knows how to do it and tell me how and what i need.

THANKS =)

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
You'll either need 2 guys or you'll have to buy a $15 1 man brake fluid change kit. Use google...bleeding brakes is exactly like bleeding brakes on a car. It involves pumping, holding and adding...

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
The easiest way to change it is exactly like on a car... go to the dollar store and buy a turkey baster... suck out as much fluid as you can, replace with new fluid... then bleed the brakes until you've just about depleted the resevoir, then fill it up again. do it again if you're feeling froggy. I have/use the one man brake bleeder. piece of cake.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
Go buy a mity-vac. about $35 and makes it a 20 min job.
Just got one this past summer and kick myself for not getting it years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
And make sure that you cover the bike! A friend showed me what that brake fluid can do if it drips on to the fairings...not pretty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fellas i was wondering if there was any type of kits to buy....ill look into it. I need to change mine bad...its Black

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a few choices to help ya do the job: Harbor Freight Tools

I have the $17.99 one listed at the top, works fine real time saver. Especially sine the Nomad needs fluid changes on front brakes, rear brakes, and clutch ;)

ahhhh plato I wish you would have posted this sooner i purchased one similar for $35 just waiting to recieve it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts