1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im just after some advice if possible

I own a zzr250 94 model bike with 98 model engine

everytime i start my bike in the morning it will only start with choke on
I have to let it run for 15 minutes turn it off then try and start it for the next 10 minutes

as soon as i start it without choke i can turn off then it will turn on straight away without any problems

through the day it will start no problems - late in arvo has problems - have to put choke on and do it all again

well i can tell you i am very familar with recharging the battery

I have been advised that i need to adjust the carby to allow more fuel - i am wondering if this is correct, once it is started without choke it runs fine fuel wize

any advice would be much appreciated

thank you

Matt

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
As your bike is cool in the morning and evening it is normal to have to put on the choke on a carburated bike.

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeah, not a very clear post, most bikes need a lil' choke every now and then, and you should warm up your bike for 2-3 minutes depending on a few factors such as type, year, mileage/break in...I personally start it, allow it to run on full choke 30 seconds 1/2 choke 30 seconds no choke 15-30 seconds then I take it slow for the first 2 blocks, then I end up sitting at the light for 3 minutes and it's perfectly warmed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for the unclear post what i am trying to say is

i start it first time everytime in morning with choke - cannnot put choke half way or off otherwise it will stall - even if i leave running for 10 minutes i cannot turn off choke without the engine stopping

when i take choke off after 10 minutes i still have to sit there and try and start it for another 5 minutes

i have left it for 1 or 2 minutes to see if it is running on choke for 2 long - does not help - bike will not start at all without choke

the engine has only done 40,000kms with papers saying been serviced every 5 to 10,000kms

hope this is a bit clearer

thank you

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What is your pilot screw set to on your carbs and what do the spark plugs look like? When was the last time the carbs were cleaned? Old gas? Bad gas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts