Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love the ZZR600. Extremely comfortable, powerful, and handles pretty well. However, upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear is often accompanied by a loud "clack". it seems unusually loud, it shifts fine, just loud in that gear range. it could be that i'm not in the correct RPM range, but i doubt it. any one have an idea of what is going on? the bike has 3100 miles on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Could be that your engine is cold. That happens sometimes when your running cold or in cold climates. Hard to shift or unusual shifting. Does it happen all the time or just sometimes? How about after you have been riding for a while? If it just happens sometimes, then it's probably normal. If it's all the time, maybe something is wrong, but then you need to talk to someone else who knows more than me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cold climates, yeah, that's boston for 3/4 of the year. shifting can be difficult in cold weather, and you're right that the noise when upshifting could be due to cold weather as well. when the bike is warmed up, it doesn't seem to be as loud or as often. we'll see, i'll talk to some people at the dealership to make sure its nothing serious. thanks for the input. later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts