Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, thinking of picking up a zzr600. They are running pretty cheap. I may have a deal on a new left over 2008 model for around 5500. Is it cold blooded on cold days due to carbs? also i am 6ft and around 215pounds is it enough for a sportsbike beginner? I should say I just sold my 1600 classic (bored with it).I have never been on a sportsbike and love to try it, just don't want to spend to much on one in case it's not for me. I know it is old technology but i like the way it looks. any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
thanks everyone
josh

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a 2008 ZZR600 with 2600 miles from my friend at work for $3,800. There are a couple good deals out there. I saw one go for $4000 the other day on E-bay.

I'm 5'10 265 and I just started riding. Took the MSF safety course got my license and now bought this bike. I wish i could tell you more but it seems like a great 1st bike =)

Yes it is cold blooded, it can be a pain to start on cold mornings.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
the zzr600 is NOT a cold blooded bike... all you have to do is wait until the idle evens out... takes about a minute. an ex250 is a good example of a cold blooded bike.... it needs a good 10 minute warm up and lots of choke, the zzr doesn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
x2 the previous owner of my ZZR600 told me the bike is cold blooded. 34* outside and it starts faster than my fuel injected R6 did on cold mornings.

Turn the choke on, first time it cranks over it will start up. I don't ride my bike until the temperature gauge reads 120 or higher, maybe these people just want to turn the bike on and start going immediately? I start it, wait until the idle comes up a bit then shut the choke off, let it warm up for a few minutes then go ride with no problems.

As a beginner's bike or a seasoned rider's bike it is awesome! It makes great power, has a comfortable riding position, and I have to admit I like riding it as much or more than I liked my 2005 R6. My only issue with it is that it has no fuel gauge or low fuel light, I think that is lame.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The bike is a tad cold blooded, but nothing that a small crack of the throttle wont clear up.

Im also 6ft. 215 lbs. and I have an 07 ZZR600.

The suspension would need to be worked on to fit your (our) weight, but I've been riding it stock with no issues.

I put my girl on the back of it and we can go two up for a while, but it does get tiring. Alone though, the bike is great, nice feel to it, so glad I got this bike as opposed to anything else. Great price, great riding position, great engine, great looks etc.

I love it...

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
would love to have a zzr600 in the stable...great bike and not paying the EXTRA for the ZX designation

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
Any bike with carbs *may* have cold start issues due to the EPA regulations. Popping those epa caps off the idle mixture screws and adjusting them will do wonders. It's always interesting to hear stories of people doing this and then saying "Wow! It's like a whole new bike!" Especially on the 250.

·
Registered
131 Posts
except for that catfish mouth intake... I like 'em.
Too bad they don't seem to be selling them in Calif anymore. Used (stock) ones are very rare also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any bike with carbs *may* have cold start issues due to the EPA regulations. Popping those epa caps off the idle mixture screws and adjusting them will do wonders. It's always interesting to hear stories of people doing this and then saying "Wow! It's like a whole new bike!" Especially on the 250.
do you have any more information on this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts