Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, ive got a 93 zzr600 e1, recently changed the clutch and sometimes its a bit of a pain to get into first gear when coming to a stop at junctions etc just wondering if this is normal and just a case of me not being used to it yet or do i need to have a bit of a fettle and adjust the clutch.

it goes into first no problem when starting off on a ride and changes up and down through the gears no problems, its just getting into first some times, it doesnt seem to have that 'clunk' feeling if that makes sense.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you oil all the friction-plates on the clutch before assembly and change the oil?

If it all clunks in first off and goes up the box ok then i'd think the clutch-adjustment were ok. Check you've got a couple or three mm of free-play at the lever and the lifter-arm down on the casing is making an angle of less than 90 degrees.

I'd have a close look at the gear-change linkage m8, it might sound daft but
could just be the splined link connected to the change-shaft is not quite tight enough or slightly mis-positioned (away from the vertical).

I'd also have a look at the pedal-pivot, undo, clean and regrease 'cos i've seen these getting crudded-up and folks thinking their gearbox had gone :)

I'd take a few minutes playing with the adjuster-rod ont linkage to set it just right for you and your old-boots, makes a fair old difference that.

Obviously try to be down to 1st-gear before you stop at lights/junctions etc, don't try shifting down whilst sat.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm spouting the obvious to you :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just took it for a little spin and it seems to of fixed itself :confused:

but we did oil the plates as we should, spent some time making sure the cluth was correct, and that all the linkages moved freely etc so i think it was just a case of no being used to it i dont know, cars and bikes have a mind of their own

1 - 3 of 3 Posts